Stenhousemuir Cricket Club is looking to recruit a head coach to run senior and junior practices on two nights a week, with an option to play Saturday cricket in the WDCU. Candidates should hold minimum cricket coach qualification UKCC2 or equivalent, ideally working towards or have completed UKCC3 qualification. PVG Scheme membership through Disclosure Scotland is required. Remuneration is negotiable. Candidates should apply by emailing a CV along with a short covering letter to Iain McDonald.
Herschelle Gibbs and his star studded invitational side will be taking on the Last Man Stands (“LMS”) Scottish champions, Fulton Flyers in a LMS charity exhibition match on the 21st of April 2017 at Titwood, home of Clydesdale CC. The match starts at 5pm (bar open from 4pm). Free Entry.
There are opportunities to be in Herschelle’s team through an online bidding auction. Immediately after the match there is a fundraising dinner, where all proceeds from the dinner will go towards junior cricket initiatives in the WDCU. Tickets are £55 per person or £500 per table of ten. And, you can also sponsor the event as well. We would encourage people to attend, individually or as an opportunity for corporate hospitality to help maximise the benefits to WDCU. More details can be found online.
The updated Saturday League administration and playing conditions documentation (including for the Third Division) for 2017 season has now been emailed to clubs, and copies are also available in the Document centre.
The WDCU are ready to take clubs’ order for balls for season 2017. Please note the requirements for each of the competitions:
- Premier and First Division league matches, and Western Union Cup matches, use the red Tiflex “Oxbridge Windsor” ball.
- Rowan Cup and McCulloch Cup evening matches use the pink Tiflex “Oxbridge Windsor” ball.
- All other WDCU league or cup matches will use the Lords pink (evening matches) or red (Saturday and Sunday matches) ball.
- Only the permitted balls may be used in a WDCU competition.
- Umpires and captains will be asked to check that the ball being used is permitted and failure to use the permitted ball will lead to penalties including possible forfeiture of the match.
- Use of new balls will be mandatory in all competitions except in competitions as noted below, in which either a new Lords pink/red ball or previously used Lords pink/red ball of an acceptable condition will be permitted: (Greenwood Trophy, Evening League and Sunday League, Western Cup).
- Outside of the competitions where the higher-cost balls are mandatory, clubs will always have the option to use the higher-cost balls if they so wish.
“Oxbridge Windsor” balls (red or pink): £18 each; and
Lords “Regal County Crown” balls (red or pink): £15 each.
All balls must be ordered in multiples of six per type. Could clubs please advise their requirements as soon as possible to both the Honorary Treasurer Keith Young and Iain Murdoch, WDCU Administrator, by 28th February 2017 at the latest in order that balls can be available at the pre-season EGM. Please remember to include a club name when ordering.
Cheques should be made out to: “Western District Cricket Union”, or electronic payment sent to:
Account name: Western District Cricket Union
Bank: Bank of Scotland
Branch: East Kilbride
Sort Code: 80-06-64
Account number: 00899459
Please note that a cheque/electronic transfer for the appropriate amount must be sent to Keith Young before balls are collected.
A revised version of the WDCU Saturday League fixtures for 2017, amending a couple of errors advised by clubs, has been emailed to all clubs, and also uploaded to the website in .pdf format in the League and cup fixtures section of the Document centre. Thanks to those clubs who got in touch with the Union to note fixtures requiring amendment. The updated league administration and playing conditions documents are expected to be issued by the end of January and will be distributed then.