Please see most recent COVID-19 activity update from Cricket Scotland.
“Following the Scottish Government announcement on 4 January, guidance for cricket activity had been updated and can be found here.
“In summary, as mainland Scotland is now in enhanced Level 4 restrictions, the key changes to cricket activity are as follows:
1. No indoor cricket activity permitted.
2. Outdoor cricket activity is permitted for under 12s as follows:
- For groups up to a maximum of eighteen – This number includes a maximum of up to two coaches (including any youth helpers 12 and over).
- Coaches should wear a face covering and abide by standard physical distancing rules
3. Travel restriction within local protection levels:
- Travel is restricted (as previously) but with ‘stay at home’ the key message.
- There are however exemptions for sport, exercise and recreation and participants can still travel up to 5 miles from the boundary of a LA to take part in informal exercise as long they abide by the rules on meeting other households e.g. two adults from maximum of two households.
4. No competition is permitted.
- Adult one to one coaching is permitted.
- Adjacent nets should not be used.
- Coaches should wear a face covering.
- Group coaching for under 12s is permitted (as in point 2 above).
6. Maximum group size of eighteen
7. Two coaches permitted (this includes any youth helpers over 12)
“Please send any queries, by email, to email@example.com.”